Monday, May 27, 2013 | 8:53 p.m.
In partnership with: daytondailynews.com
Hi, (not you?) | Member Center | Sign Out
Find fun things to doin the Dayton, OH area
George Zimmerman's attorney has filed another defense evidence list for the murder trial that is expected to start June 10. Zimmerman claims he shot 17-year-old Trayvon Martin last year in self-defense. Zimmerman’s attorney, Mark O’Mara, lists 28 items his team plans to use in the trial, including a 7-Eleven surveillance ...
The man charged with fatally shooting 17-year-old Trayvon Martin wants the jury at his murder trial to be sequestered and for jurors to be able to inspect the crime scene. George Zimmerman's attorney filed a motion Thursday asking that jurors be kept in isolation during the trial and that ...
George Zimmerman and his attorney requested a hearing to determine the type of expert testimony the jury should be allowed to hear. Zimmerman is accused of shooting and killing 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in Sanford. Attorney Mark O'Mara filed the motion on Friday, asking for stricter credentials for anyone identifying a ...
The prosecutor in the case of the Florida man charged with shooting Trayvon Martin wants to know definitively if he plans to seek immunity under the state's "Stand Your Ground" self-defense law. State attorney Bernie de la Rionda is presenting a motion to the judge Tuesday during what will ...
The former neighborhood watch leader charged with fatally shooting a Florida teenager told a judge Tuesday that he agrees with his defense attorneys’ decision not to seek an immunity hearing under the state’s “Stand Your Ground” self-defense law. Under questioning from Circuit Judge Debra Nelson, George Zimmerman repeatedly said “yes” ...
Prosecutors want an answer from George Zimmerman's attorney on whether he intends to seek an immunity hearing for the former neighborhood watch captain. Prosecutors filed a motion Wednesday asking that Zimmerman's attorney state whether he is waiving his client's right to such a hearing. Zimmerman's attorney has told ...
Officials with Port Canaveral said a police sergeant has been fired after he brought shooting targets resembling Trayvon Martin to a firearms training session. Sgt. Ron King was terminated from the police department on Friday, according to officials. Port officials said King brought two shooting targets which had images resembling ...
Officials with Port Canaveral said a police sergeant has been fired after he brought shooting targets resembling Trayvon Martin to a firearms training session. Sgt. Ron King was terminated from the police department on Friday, according to officials. Port officials said King brought two shooting targets which had images resembling ...
George Zimmerman's mom is speaking out on the one-year anniversary since the arrest of her son in connection with the death of Trayvon Martin. In the letter, Gladys Zimmerman starts by thanking family members and friends for their support. She also says the arrest of her son changed her life. ...
A Winter Park police officer resigned Thursday after derogatory remarks colleagues said he made about African-Americans prompted an internal investigation. Lt. Ron Johnson's notice of retirement was one sentence long and made no mention of a derogatory remark his colleagues said he made about African-Americans, during a shift meeting about ...
In the case against George Zimmerman, a Sanford judge denied a motion by the defense for the second time Thursday. Zimmerman's attorneys have asked twice to require the attorney for victim Trayvon Martin's family, Benjamin Crump, to answer their questions under oath. Three weeks ago, when Judge Debra Nelson denied ...
Late Monday afternoon, the defense for George Zimmerman filed a motion with the court asking that the state attorney's office be punished for breaking the rules of discovery. Zimmerman is charged with second-degree murder in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin early last year in Sanford. He has maintained his ...
George Zimmerman's attorney is again asking to take the deposition of a lawyer who interviewed a teen-ager who says she was on the phone with Trayvon Martin moments before he was shot by the neighborhood watch leader. Attorney Mark O'Mara said in a court filing Monday that new evidence ...
The attorney for the Florida man accused of fatally shooting Trayvon Martin said that he won't need the two weeks a judge previously set aside for an immunity hearing under the state's controversial self-defense law, though the issue could be folded into the trial. Defense attorney Mark O'Mara told Judge ...
Supporters in central Florida and New York City gathered Tuesday night to remember 17-year-old Trayvon Martin. One year ago Tuesday night, Martin was shot and killed in Sanford. He left behind a heartbroken family, and the case ignited a firestorm of controversy across the country before the man who shot ...
Tuesday marks one year since 17-year-old Trayvon Martin was shot and killed by George Zimmerman in Sanford. Martin's family is asking people across the country to wear hooded sweatshirts as part of what they call a "million-hoodie vigil." Zimmerman maintains his innocence in last year's killing, saying he shot Martin in ...
A special task force appointed by the Governor to try to put an end to the controversy around Florida’s “Stand Your Ground” law may not have definitively sealed the books. The Governor’s Task Force on Citizen Safety and Protection issued its final report Friday after studying the law nearly a ...
Today, a judge denied a request by George Zimmerman's attorney to question Trayvon Martin's family attorney, under oath. Zimmerman's attorneys wanted to ask Benjamin Crump, about a recorded interview he did with a girl who claimed she was on the phone with Martin the night he was shot and killed ...
Channel 9's Karla Ray made the trip to Elgin, Ill., to talk 1-on-1 with newly hired Sanford Police Chief Cecil Smith. Smith is scheduled to start his new position on April 1, just 20 days before George Zimmerman goes to court for a stand your ground hearing in the shooting ...
Sanford will soon have a new police chief. Cecil Smith accepted the job on Thursday. Smith, who is from the Chicago area, will come to Sanford as its new police chief at a volatile time. He's scheduled to start April 1, just 20 days before George Zimmerman goes to court for ...
You're Almost Done!
Select a display name and password
{* #socialRegistrationForm *} {* socialRegistration_displayName *} {* socialRegistration_emailAddress *} {* traditionalRegistration_password *} {* traditionalRegistration_passwordConfirm *}Tell us about yourself
{* registration_firstName *} {* registration_lastName *} {* registration_postalZip *} {* registration_birthday *} {* registration_gender *} {* agreeToTerms *}