Follow us on

Monday, May 27, 2013 | 4:24 p.m.

In partnership with: daytondailynews.com

Web Search by YAHOO!

Find fun things to doin the Dayton, OH area

+ Add A Listing

Updated: 10:39 a.m. Wednesday, May 22, 2013 | Posted: 10:37 a.m. Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Aretha Franklin taking June off, postponing shows

Related

Aretha Franklin taking June off, postponing shows photo
Janelle Arthur, on stage from left, Angie Miller, Candice Glover, Kree Harrison and Amber Holcomb perform with Aretha Franklin, seen on screen, at the "American Idol" finale at the Nokia Theatre at L.A. Live on Thursday, May 16, 2013, in Los Angeles. (Photo by Matt Sayles/Invision/AP)
Aretha Franklin taking June off, postponing shows photo
FILE - This July 25, 2012 file photo shows Aretha Franklin performing at the NOKIA Theatre L.A. LIVE in Los Angeles. Franklin is taking off the month of June. A spokesman for the 71-year-old singer says Franklin will reschedule two shows and resume her touring schedule in July. (Photo by Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP, file)

The Associated Press

LOS ANGELES —

Aretha Franklin is taking off the month of June.

A spokesman for the 71-year-old singer says Franklin will reschedule two shows and resume her touring schedule in July.

Publicist David Brokaw provided no other details Tuesday.

Franklin announced earlier this month that she would cancel scheduled performances in Chicago and Connecticut this week to undergo medical treatment. She did not specify what type of treatment she was receiving.

Franklin appeared on the season finale of "American Idol" last week via satellite, singing a medley of her hits with the show's female finalists.

Copyright The Associated Press

More News

 

Find something to do

 

© 2013 Cox Media Group. By using this website, you accept the terms of our Visitor Agreement and Privacy Policy, and understand your options regarding Ad ChoicesAdChoices.